Monday, February 21, 2011

asp.net 3.5 + update panel doesn't work in mozilla

Hi,

I show/hide few images basing on the button clicks in update panel. I use an update progress also for this. Everything works fine in IE7. But in Firefox Version 3.0.14 when I click on the button in the update panel the event itself is not getting fired.

What may be the problem?

From stackoverflow
  • I dont think there is any reason for it to work in IE and not in FF. What plugins you have installed on Firefox? Disable all plugins and then check.

    Sunny : Even after disabling the plugins I am getting the same problem
    Mahin : Does Tools->Error Console shows you any error ?
  • Check for JavaScript errors.

  • I found the issue. This is because, I didn't set the CausesValidation property to false. I need this because there are usercontrols which performs their own validations.

    But now, I am wondering why IE allowed the button click?

0 comments:

Post a Comment